Here’s a little round up of some of the press coverage for the blog, starting with the most recent:
Radio: Contributor to Christmas TV Recommendations slot on Marian Finucane, 17 December 2016. Listen to Podcast HERE.
Bumbles of Rice blog nominated for award, Gorey Guardian, 3 September 2016
Finalist Best Parenting Blog category, Boots Maternity & Infant Awards 2016
Interviewed in Kate Gunn’s piece on Gender Netural Approach to Parenting in the Irish Independent, 3 March 2016
Contributed to a Huff Post piece on batchcooking, 18 January 2016
Radio: Contributor to Christmas TV Recommendations slot on Marian Finucane, 19 December 2015 Podcast HERE
Finalist, Best Parenting Blogger, Maternity and Infant Awards, August 2015.
Article on Back to School, Irish Independent Back to School Supplement.
Interview: Office Mum Stories on Office Mum Blog, 16 June 2015
Radio: Contributor to TV Recommendations slot on Marian Finucane, 13 June 2015. Podcast HERE
Radio: Contributor to TV Recommendations slot on Marian Finucane, 2 May 2015. Podcast HERE.
Finalist in three categories in the Irish Parenting Blog Awards 2015– Best Overall Parenting Blog, Best Blogpost, Best Homespun. April 2015
Interview: 20-hour commute a week to heart of capital, Emma Jane Hade, Irish Independent, 2 March 2015
Tips on Dealing with Fussy Eaters, RSVP Magazine, March Issue (both print and online)
24 Things that No Parent Wants to Hear, Huffington Post UK, 26 January 2015
TV Interview: Interviewed in a TV feature on commuter towns on the UTV Ireland news programme “Ireland Live” aired on 8 January, 2015
Newspaper interview for a piece on GP costs by Emma Jane Hade in the Irish Independent on 13 December 2014, “It would put you off going until you’re sure they need a doctor”
- The Great Expectations Caused by Parenting Books, Huffington Post UK, 31 October 2014
- Quoted in a piece on Hospital Food by Siobhan Maguire for the #makeitbetter campaign in the Sunday Times (Irish edition) on 26th October 2014 (see photo above, no link available)
- Awards: Finalist in the best parenting blog and best blogpost in the Blog Awards Ireland 2014
- Radio Interview: Chatting to Dil Wickremasinghe on her show Global Village on Newstalk FM about little boys liking pink, 6th September 2014
- Should you bring your kids to music festivals? The Journal.ie, 23rd August 2014
- Prepare your heart as well as the lunch when your little one starts school. Irish Independent, 9th August 2014
- A Junior Infant’s advice to those starting school. (My interview with my five year old). Irish Independent, 9th August 2014
- A coffee shop is a better example than a pub. I was interviewed in a piece by Gabrielle Monaghan. Irish Independent, 5th August 2014. (Online version is abridged)
- My son is a little boy who happens to like pink: isn’t that allowed? The Journal.ie, 22nd July 2014
- Radio Interview: Talking Maternity Leave on Good Morning Dublin on Dublin City FM, 15th July 2014
- HuffPost Live: TV segment with Nancy Redd Back to work after maternity leave, 7th July 2014
- Our daughters can’t be expected to live for the sole purpose of bearing children. The Journal.ie, 10th June 2014
- We were blown away by how family friendly everything was. Eumom.ie
- “Taking the Mystery Out of Batchcooking“, Parent.ie, 23 May 2014
- The bittersweet return to life as the other me – Irish Independent Health & Living Supplement, 19th May 2014
- Nomakeupselfies abound but where’s the barefaced truth on Social Media? The Journal.ie, 25th March 2014
- Radio: I was interviewed by Billy McCarthy on DeiseAM on WLR FM radio about intervening in tantrums, 10th February 2014 (Sorry, no audio available)
- Radio: I was interviewed by Highland Radio about intervening in tantrums, 4th February 2014 (Sorry, no audio available)
- Should I intervene if a child is having a tantrum? The Journal.ie, 2nd February 2012
- Awards: I was nominated and longlisted for best blog post in the Irish Blog Awards for best Food/Drink Blog and for Best Blogpost for my post on The Happiness Project.
- Mentioned in “Diary of a Working Mum” column in the Irish Independent, 8 November 2013
- Breastfeeding in the middleground. Irish Independent Health & Living Supplement, 9 September 2013
- Recipe for success. I was interviewed and photos of us appeared in the Irish Times in an article by Sheila Wayman about cooking with kids. (the article is behind a paywall now)
I was recommended as a “Foodie to Follow” on Twitter in the Irish Independent’s Weekend magazine, October 2012.